Wednesday, November 11, 2009

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!


I had amazing day at school today, it was veterans day and we had a huge assembly talking about it. We met some veterans there and we all said thank you. People got very emotional. After today, i do care a lot more then i did before. Some of my teachers talked about how their friends got "pulled" people away into going into the Vietnam war. And some of their best friends came back never acting the same again. It was sad to hear that some people didn't have a choice onto going. I can't imagine me being pulled away from everybody i love to go off in a cold, dramatic place with a rifle in my hands. I know I'd want to leave and get out of there soon as possible. But then again, to have a brighter future and to have this country free I'd do it too, just to have my kids not have to be in my same position. Before, i never really understood all of this, until today. I'm very thankful to be living in this country, this is where i want to be. Happy veterans day everyone!

Love, Brittany Hohenadel

No comments:

Post a Comment